Here & Now: SXSW, Day One
From day one, on-location, in a stream of consciousness:
- We’ve never seen a t-shirt screen printing company bursting at the seams quite like Industry Print Shop today. How much of Austin’s screen printing business is done in the month of March?
- Which startup will be the one to solve the problem of the two-hour festival badge line? This perennial conference reality is ripe for disruption (do you hear us, Silicon Valley)?
- Gatorade’s Fuel Lab wins the day for epic build-out and customized swag. Creating something with your name on it simply never gets old, especially if it’s an athlete-edition water bottle with your favorite team colors emblazoned on it.
- If you’re paying for food (or beer, or vodka) in Austin this week, you’re losing. With so much Texan fare at your fingertips, your calories should be complimentary.
- If you haven’t tried Mountain Dew-braised bacon tacos before, you haven’t lived. Check out the Pepsico NSPIRE truck @ Mash House SXSW for your food-truck-of-the-future freebies.
As night starts to descend on night #1 in Austin, remember:
- Never consume more drinks than you have hours to recover. 1:1, friends!
- We lose one hour of sleep tomorrow night; prepare accordingly!